Monday, December 5, 2011

Greg Thompson Highlight Reel

It is Greg Thompson's birthday today. He is 22, and isn't that nice. In celebration of this occasion, and also because I have about three essays I don't want to write, I decided to recount my favorite Greg Thompson moments.

-On one spring evening in London, Greg and I were at a pub with some friends, and also a friend's co-worker who spent the majority of the night joking about how America pretty much sucks. Because he was fairly attractive and also because I do agree with this to some extent, after we left the co-worker at a Tube station, I let it be known I kind of liked him. Greg apparently decided it would by funny to scream "OOOOOOOOOOOHHHH" in a very high-pitched voice so the guy turned around and saw us all laughing and staring at him. What a good friend.
*note* I looked up that guy on Facebook after that night and the only reason I didn't friend him was because his profile picture was one of those "I'm posing and taking a picture in the bathroom mirror" ones. And I have serious issues with that.

-For Red Nose Day last year, Greg co-hosted a 24-hour radio show and dedicated the song "American Girls" to his american girls, by which I'm assuming he meant me and Emily. It was cute.
*note* this is also the day Emily stayed back from a program party to listen to his show, meaning I was left mainly alone at the party, meaning it was the first time I drank too much and had a humiliating moment.

-One night Greg, Emily, and I were hanging out in a pub and Greg was entertaining himself by turning my camera on and off. I lamented how he was using up my batteries and decided he needed to buy me new ones. the next time I saw him he in fact did give me a package of new batteries that ended up not working at all. I tried to give them back, but he didn't want them. So we traded them back and forth for a while, until I eventually left the country and he was stuck in them. A few weeks later, I go visit Emily, who had stayed with Greg a week after our program ended. She told me Greg had sent her with a present for me, so I was pretty psyched. Needless to say, when the gift ended up being the batteries, many an expletive escaped my usually calm and censored composure.

-One day I was texting Greg, and finally decided to ask him why he always puts "xxx" after every text (because... he does that) and so he left it out of the next text and I've never seen something look so completely unnatural and wrong.

-One weekend last Spring, Greg's friend Dai was visiting him from Austria, and on Sunday, after already hanging out with them all day Saturday, Emily and I hung out with them all day. Because it was just the four of us and Greg and Emily were being all couple-y because they were newly an EGG, Dai and I bonded and that led to him visiting me in the summer and me @-replying him on Twitter more than is healthy and we're pretty much best friends forever no question. So this one's not really a Greg moment, but more of lack-of-Greg moment. Which works just as well.

But yeah. He's a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment